Monday, March 05, 2007

Right Place, Right Time




For larger image click on picture.

This was an interesting one. First, I shot it in RAW which raises all sorts of interesting color management issues. It took just short of forever to get that right in post-processing using both PS and Lightroom. Secondly, I don't have a macro for this camera, so I shot it in the macro function for my 35-105, my "walking around" lens. I just opened the aperture up and let the camera pick the shutter speed. I used manual focus due to the total lack of DOF. The camera set at 1/4000... geeze, I have NEVER shot a picture at such a high shutter speed.

Results:
1. OK clarity, but wish I had a better lens;
2. Great stop action, it's not everyday you catch a bee's wings in motion, and
3. Color came out pretty good after much post-processing futching.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

All images on this site are copyrighted. It is expected that copyright will be respected. Please do not copy or otherwise use these images without permission of the copyright owner, John A. Wilson.