Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pfeiffer Beach, Big Sur - My Favorite Image - and the Rewards of Adobe Lightroom

Of the many images I took at Pfeiffer Beach, this is the one I like best.

As much as anything, it is an exercise in the use of Adobe Lightroom.

The original image was pretty bland to the point of being monochromatic. I used just about every input available in the program to get this result. I darkened the lights, increased shadow, goosed the vibrance to the max (as opposed to saturation which I left alone). Other than the small blowout of the cloud, the result was impressive.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

All images on this site are copyrighted. It is expected that copyright will be respected. Please do not copy or otherwise use these images without permission of the copyright owner, John A. Wilson.