Monday, November 24, 2008

Bringing a Knife to a Gunfight at Elkhorn Slough

Well, just not enough lens to pull this off. The birds would not cooperate at all and kept their distance. No matter how much I played with these exposures they would not sharpen up. I was at or near max focal length for almost everything I shot yesterday. I tried everything I could think of ranging from high f stop to high shutter speed. The white birds in particular were a problem and tended to “blow out.” I could not get the clarity I wanted. Nonetheless, a good learning experience.

As for the shooter out there with the Canon 500mm IS lens, you have no idea how lucky you are I didn't roll you, steal that lens and throw your lifeless body into the slough :)

No comments:

Copyright Notice

All images on this site are copyrighted. It is expected that copyright will be respected. Please do not copy or otherwise use these images without permission of the copyright owner, John A. Wilson.