Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Object Lessons in Google Optimization

Well, as some of you know, I’m working on a real HTML web site. I created the original in Sitebuilder which is really easy to use but not very adaptable to any environment other than being hosted on Yahoo. The next iteration will fly on any platform on any server.

While doing that, I updated the existing page. I dumped the flash player on the home page as it is slow to load for dial-ups and replaced it with sample photographs to show folks some of the variety of work I do.

I also have applied for a Google ad. This takes three to four weeks to appear for some unknown reason, so that will be a while in coming.

In the meantime, I fiddled with renaming the pages attempting to draw traffic. BAD MOVE. It knocked me right on the first page of Google – “Monterey Photographers.” So I need to build that up all over again. (Lesson learned – once you are on the first page, leave it alone! If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!)

Anyway, do drop by if you get a chance and help me rebuild my position.

Thanks!

John

No comments:

Copyright Notice

All images on this site are copyrighted. It is expected that copyright will be respected. Please do not copy or otherwise use these images without permission of the copyright owner, John A. Wilson.