Friday, July 25, 2008

Bridge Over Troubled Waters

Where the fire did not reach ...

Up on the old coast road (see previous post) I found myself in a small valley lined with undamaged redwoods. I came upon a reminder of my Army days when I stumbled upon this Bailey bridge. I have built more than a few of these. They were the creation of a brilliant British Army engineer and can be found all over the world including the famous Allenby Bridge over the Jordan River in Israel.

This image is not all I would like. The blown out section in the middle confounded me. So, what the heck, lemonade from a lemon. I half toned the image to give it a surreal feel.

Do drop by my new web site, I'm pathetically proud of it :)

No comments:

Copyright Notice

All images on this site are copyrighted. It is expected that copyright will be respected. Please do not copy or otherwise use these images without permission of the copyright owner, John A. Wilson.