Thursday, October 11, 2007

Entry in the Colton Hall* Call for Art - Moss Landing Fishing Boat




Well, here we go again, another competition. I rather like this image. Will helped me pick it. It’s different in a number of ways.

The contest is themed for The Central Coast. I figure all sorts of folks will submit Big Sur, Carmel, Pigeon Pt etc images. You know, big, grand stuff. So I thought I’d go for the Italian, Portuguese and other fisherman and zoom in on something gritty and real, in this case the rugged prow of one of their fishing boats. I also doubt there will be much black and white in the competition. I am hoping this will make my work stand out.

This actually did not take me long to make up my mind. I like the image, bold and strong like the fishermen who sail her.

*Colton Hall - the first state capitol of California which is located in Monterey and is now a museum.

1 comment:

Ginnie Hart said...

I agree, John. This will totally stand out. Let us know what happens.

Copyright Notice

All images on this site are copyrighted. It is expected that copyright will be respected. Please do not copy or otherwise use these images without permission of the copyright owner, John A. Wilson.