Sunday, September 23, 2007

Harvest Time Comes to the Valley




Fall has come to the Salinas Valley, and I love this time of year. It rained here yesterday. It has not rained since sometime early in April. It was wonderful. And the grapes have ripened in the vineyards on the tableland above the valley.

Who could ask for more?












Techy note: yep, MJ has discovered layers in PS. The previous montages and this framing are done in layers. I'm having fun. but I'll probably get tired of the extra effort after a bit :)












4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Beautiful set of images. Excellent stuff. vineyards have always attracted me.

Anita Jesse said...

I think Photoshop should come with a warning: "CAUTION! Use of this program can lead to addiction. Side effects include loss of sleep, damage to relationships, and may interfere with all life's other activities including earning a living, eating properly, and exercising. Use at your own risk." I, for one, spend way too much time with Adobe's devil-program. Have fun. I love the work you are doing and join you in the celebration of the rain and the new season.

Anonymous said...

Tena koe ehoa
Though I'm not a wine drinker those grapes look absolutely juicy and yummy. Wouldn't mind sitting under the vines with a few bunches of those to past the time.

Richard said...

Good shots John. Once again you inspire me to do more with my pictures.

Copyright Notice

All images on this site are copyrighted. It is expected that copyright will be respected. Please do not copy or otherwise use these images without permission of the copyright owner, John A. Wilson.