Wednesday, June 06, 2007



I am still going through the portfolio and finding older shots that I like. These two were shot in Yosemite National Park in the winter. When my brother and I went up there dressed for the Yukon, it was in the 60s on the valley floor. Very pleasant, but not what we had gone looking for. There was no snow until we got to 7000 ft.

The first image is from the location that Ansel Adams made famous. It was kind of neat standing literally in his footprints. What a scene that is. Too bad he had a better camera, lens, light, talent etc. :) I'll go back properly armed one of these days.

The second image is taken at the river below Bridal Falls, a lovely spot. Yes, I know the low shutter speed is considered a cliche now, but I really don't care, I like it.

These are both film images shot on my beloved Canon A-1.

1 comment:

Karen Schmautz said...

Lovely. It's in the 40's here in the Sierras today, as it was yesterday...brrrr. It snowed on top yesterday. I need to get out and take some photos but it is dang cold in the morning.

Copyright Notice

All images on this site are copyrighted. It is expected that copyright will be respected. Please do not copy or otherwise use these images without permission of the copyright owner, John A. Wilson.