Monday, May 21, 2007

Here Comes the Fog

I post this picture not as a work of art but rather to give a sense of my environment here on The Central Coast of California.

I was flipping through the old photo inventory when I came across this image this morning. It was a bit washed out, so I gave it a little Lightroom action; darkened the exposure, brought up the fill light, increased the contrast and boosted the blacks a bit. All that takes less than a minute. You gotta love Lightroom.


When I was done I realized that I had a good interpretation of what it is like when the fog comes in during the late afternoon... dark, brooding and a bit spooky like a scene from a Hitchcock movie.


I was up on the "Old Coast Road" south of Bixby about three quarters of a mile from the beach perhaps 500' above sea level. The fog was gathering and would soon envelop the beach and then my perch. I love watching the fog gather itself and then totally envelop the coast on what had been a warm and sunny afternoon in Big Sur.


For larger image click on picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More than that, I would call this shot a documentation of your journey.

Copyright Notice

All images on this site are copyrighted. It is expected that copyright will be respected. Please do not copy or otherwise use these images without permission of the copyright owner, John A. Wilson.