Saturday, February 24, 2007

Something a Little Different - Let's Go to Carmel - Visit to Robert Knight Gallery

I am not a big fan of Carmel, but it does have it's positives. There is a lot of stuff to photograph. There also are a few interesting galleries stocked with quality stuff. There also is a lot of schlock.

Be that as it may, Anita and I decided... really Anita decided, that it would be a good idea to go over there today. She wanted me to see some of the photo galleries to get an idea of what it was I was getting myself into as I inch toward commercial work.

So we loaded Anita's 91 year old Alzheimers mother, Christine, and her wheel chair into my car, and off we went. We were no sooner on the streets of the most fabulously wealthy town in the country than Christine started calling out to folks, "Help me! Help me! I'm being held prisoner." Butterfly McQueen could not have put on a better performance. Yes, it's sad, but it does have it's comical side.

Anyway, one of the places to which we went was the gallery of Robert Knight. Oh my gosh. I was humbled. This guy has some of the most spectacular images I have ever seen. He was kind enough to talk with me for over thirty minutes. What a nice young man.

Please pay his website a visit at Robert Knight Gallery.





Photo Credit: Robert Knight

You should see this picture in a 3' (or so) frame.

More later.

1 comment:

Glogovetan Tudor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Copyright Notice

All images on this site are copyrighted. It is expected that copyright will be respected. Please do not copy or otherwise use these images without permission of the copyright owner, John A. Wilson.