All my early shooting was in JPEG. I knew that was something I would have to do something about eventually. Well, eventually is now. Choosing from 8k or so JPEGs and saving the survivors as TIFFs.
In culling I came across a lot of pictures that did not look all that good, including this one. (It is best seen in large size.) The hills were black and the sky colorless. so I fired up Lightroom.
First I darkened the exposure to bring some color to the sky. Then I used fill light to bring up the hills. There was a red of the setting sun in the cliffs there I did not even know was in the image. I upped the black pixels for some contrast, and this is what I got.
In Photoshop this would have been major surgery. In Lightroom it was done all on one screen in 3 or 4 minutes. A remarkable tool that I highly recommend.
For larger image click on picture.